Your source of FREE Ketogenic diet advice

Sunday 12 November 2017

Hi, Hello, Namaste, Aadab to all ketoers out there! My first post on Reddit and /r/keto, 1 month in.

Get your copy of our Ketogenic cookbook HERE

Hey guys, this is my first post.

I was introduced to low carb eating by a YouTube video of a guy who lost 50 lbs in 28 days of water fasting, and at 294, I was like, how is that even possible?

The guy then went on to explain how the body goes into ketosis 3 days after starting a water fast, and then the body switches to burning body fat, and... just keeps burning body fat.

I decided to look more into ketosis, and that led me to Dr Jason Fung's website: Diet Doctor, which is basically all about the keto diet.

I started Keto on 4th of October when I read DietDoctor for the first time, and I was like, why did I not read this before?! THIS is the way we're supposed to eat!! I was hooked.

Then what, I read every damn word written on the subject. DD, /r/keto FAQs, Facebook, independent blog posts, every single thing.

I also compiled a list of foods we usually eat, and cut out all foods that were above 5 net carbs per 100 grams. It was kind of sad leaving almost all breads and fruits behind, but hey, I was more active than I'd ever been(it was like I'd lost 20 pounds overnight) and I decided that I'd stick with this new way of eating no matter what.

I weigh myself every Wednesday, and last Wednesday(35 days in) my weight loss was at 24 pounds. 8 of those I lost in the first week and another 8 in the second week.

This was significant, because this was weight I'd gained over almost 15 years(yes, since I was 9). It was the weight I was beginning to think was just going to pile up as the years progressed. I am now free of that notion.

Some people around me don't approve of my new diet, but at least now I have some hard facts to show them. In part, I feel it's just their internal insecurities coming out.

We'll see how the coming months go. So far, I'm feeling pretty optimistic!

, ,

No comments:

Post a Comment